The following are all books I own. Reading the stories of revival or the writings of those who are revivalists is a sure way to increase you own hunger for God and faith in His reviving work.
You should be able to purchase any of these at Amazon.
Books on Revival
- Revival: It Can Transform Your City, C, Peter Wagner, Thomas Nelson.
- Revival and Revivalism: The Making and Marring of American Evangelicalism 1750 – 1858, Iain H. Murray, Banner of Truth.
- In the Day of Thy Power: The Scriptural Principles of Revival, Arthur Wallis, Christian Literature Crusade Publications.
- Revival Fire, Wesley Duewel, Zondervan.
- Revival: Principles to Change the World, Winkie Pratney, Agape Force.
- Fire On Azusa Street: An Eye-Witness Account, A. C. Valdez, Gift Publications
- Evangelical Awakenings in Africa, J. Edwin Orr, Bethany Fellowship.
- Evangelical Awakenings in Eastern Asia, J. Edwin Orr, Bethany Fellowship.
- Like a Mighty Wind (Indonesian revival), Mel Tari, New Leaf Press.
- I Saw the Welsh Revival, David Matthews, Christian Life Books.
- The Second Great Awakening, J. Edwin Orr, Christian Literature Crusade Publications.
- The Bario Revival, Solomon Bulan and Lillian Bulan Dorai, Home Matters Network.
- Fire Fall 2.0: How God Has Shaped History Through Revivals, Malcolm McDow and Alvin Reid, Gospel Advance Books.
- The Laws of Revival, James Burns, World Wide Publications.
- One Divine Moment (Revival at Asbury College), Robert Coleman, Fleming H. Revel Company.
- Sounds From Heaven (The Revival on the Isle of Lewis, 1949-1952, Colin nd Mary Peckham, Christian Focus Publications.
- Transformed: 10 Principles for Sustaining Genuine Revival, Alistair Petrie, Chosen Books (Baker Book House).
- God’s Trademarks: How to determine whether a message, ministry or strategy is truly from God, George Otis, Jr., Chosen Boos (Baker Book House).
- Azusa Street, Frank Bartleman, Whitaker House.
- The Kentucky Revival (2nd Great Awakening), Richard McNemar, Great Plains Press.
- Revivals, Awakenings and Reform: An Essay on Religion and Social Change in America 1607 – 1977, William McLoughlin, University of Chicago Press.
- The World’s Greatest Revivals: How Man’s Desperation Begins Waves of Revival…Including Yours, Fred ans Sharon Wright, Destiny Image Publishers.
- Rut, Rot or Revival, A. W. Tozer, Wing Spread Publishers.
- The Church in America and Its Baptisms of Fire: Being an Account of the Progress in America, in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries, As seen in the Great Revivals in the Christian Church, and in the Growth and Work of various Religious Bodies, Rev S. B. Halliday, Forgotten Books.
- The Price and Power of Revival, Duncan Campbell, copyrighted.
- The Moravian Principle: The Secret of Revival, Brad Allen, Word Association Publishers.
- God At Work? Jonathon Edwards, Grace Publications.
Biographies of Revivalists
- Robert Murray M’Cheyne, Andrew Bonar, Banner of Truth Trust.
- The Spiritual Awakeners: American Revivalists form Solomon Stoddard to D. L. Moody, Keith Hardman, Moody Press.
- Recapturing the Wesley’s Vision: An Introduction to the Faith of John and Charles Wesley, Paul Wesley Chilcote, Intervarsity Press.
- The Life and Diary of David Brainard with Notes ands Reflections, David Brainard and Jonathon Edwards, Readaclassic.com.
- The Apostle of Norway: Hans Nielsen Hauge, A. M. Arntzen, Wipf and Stock Publishers.
- A Real Christian: The Life of John Wesley, Kenneth J. Collins, Abingdon Press.
- Jonathon Edwards: A Life, George Marsden, Yale University.
- The Life and Story of Evan Roberts: And Stirring Experiences of the Welsh Revival, Percy Hicks and Larry Martin, Christian Life Books.
- The Life and Ministry of Charles Finney, Lewis A. Drummond, Bethany House.
Revival and Prayer
- Power Through Prayer, E. M. Bounds, Whitaker House
- The Necessity of Prayer, E. M. Bounds, Whitaker House.
- Revival and Prayer: A Needed Shift in Today’s Church, Allen M. Baker III, Self Published
- Informed Intercession, George Otis, Jr., Renew (Gospel Light).
- Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting, Derek Prince, Whitaker House
Revival: Related Issues
- The Twilight Labyrinth, George Otis, Jr., Chosen Books (Baker Book House).
- In Holy Fear: Rediscovering the Fear of the Lord, Alistair Petrie, CHI-Books.
- The Fear of the Lord, John Bevere, Charisma House
- The Calvary Road, Roy Hession, Christian Literature Crusade.
- When I Saw Him: Where Revival Begins, Roy Hession, Christian Literature Crusade.
- The Presence: Experiencing More of God, Alec Rowan, Tyndale House.
- The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer, WLC.
- Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God, Francis Frangipane, Arrow Publications.
- The House of the Lord: God’s Plan to Liberate Your City from Darkness, Francis Frangipane, Creation House.
- Viral: How Social Networking Is Poised to Ignite Revival, Leonard Sweet, Water Brook Press.